The Family Center of the Vilnius Archdiocese was established in 1991. Initially, it was as a part of the Vilnius Archdiocese Caritas. Later, the service grew, expanded and became the Caritas Family Centre of the Vilnius Archdiocese and from 1998- as The Family Center of the Vilnius Archdiocese.
The Family Center of the Vilnius Archdiocese is an institution that provides educational and pastoral support to the family. The founder is the Metropolitan Archbishop of Vilnius.
- To form concept and strategy for the pastoral care of families;
- To provide support, information and keep in touch with the local parishes, deaneries and pastoral centres;
- To form the youth according to The Catholic approach on sexuality, love, family and life topics;
- To keep in touch with Christian family communities and groups.
- To raise the awareness and cultivate such values as: human dignity, human life, the importance of marriage.
- The Preparation of The Engaged couples for the Matrimony Sacrament;
- Family support programmes (Communication Training courses, Natural Family Planning courses, Parenting courses, Courses for the Expectant Couples, Breastfeeding Schools, Clubs for mothers, Marriage courses and more.)
- Programme for Youth on sexuality and preparation for the family;
- Pastoral programmes for families;
- Private consultations of psychologists, social workers, natural family planning specialists.